Seattle cop ready to return to duty after partner's fatal shooting
By Steve Miletich
SEATTLE — Rookie Seattle police officer Britt Sweeney admits she is anxious about returning to duty after watching the fatal shooting of her partner, Timothy Brenton, three weeks ago.
"There is some anxiety, I can't lie," she said Wednesday in a television interview, breaking her silence about the horrific Halloween night in which she and Brenton were ambushed as they sat in their patrol car in the Leschi neighborhood.
"Things like this affect you," Sweeney told David Rose, host of "Washington's Most Wanted" on Q13 Fox television. "But it would be a big disservice to Tim to not get back out there and live my life and fight the fight."
Read the full story
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman