N.M. officers responding to domestic dispute shoot husband
By Jeff Procter
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Veteran Rio Rancho Police officer Charles Weaver fatally shot Keith Strickland on Sunday after Strickland threatened the officer with a shotgun, police said.
Weaver was responding to a domestic dispute between Strickland, 31, and his estranged wife at her home on the 2200 block of Greenlake SE, according to Rio Rancho police spokesman John Francis.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house