N.M. officer wounded in domestic dispute shootout
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — An Albuquerque police officer and another man were wounded in an early morning shootout Wednesday after a domestic dispute at a Northeast Albuquerque apartment complex, authorities said.
Officer Eric Martinez, who has been with APD for 5½ years, was shot in both legs, Police Chief Ray Schultz said. After he was shot, Martinez fired an undetermined number of times in the direction of the vehicle in which 22-year-old John Santiago was riding. One of the officer's bullets struck Santiago in the face.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house