Okla. police officer recovering after shooting
Officer Kris Hunter was shot by a driver who sped away from a traffic stop
Oklahoma City, Okla. — A wounded Oklahoma City police officer was in good condition Sunday, one day after a vehicle pursuit ended when a fellow officer gunned down his assailant.
Officer Kris Hunter remained at OU Medical Center following surgery. He was wounded in his left arm and received a graze wound to his left leg, police Capt. Patrick Stewart said. He was wounded about 5:10 p.m. Saturday, moments before officer Daniel Godsil fatally shot a driver who had sped away from an attempted traffic stop, Stewart said.
Investigators had not identified the suspect Sunday, Stewart said.
Read full story: Oklahoma City officer recovering after shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms