Calif. officer shoots man fleeing scene of wreck
Officers shot at the suspect after repeatedly telling him to stop
Orange County Register
ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. — Police opened fire on a man inside a black car Tuesday morning, shortly after the man reportedly tried to drive away from the scene of a six-car wreck, witnesses and authorities said.
Authorities said the man who was shot by officers is the same driver who was driving at a high speed on the wrong side of Pacific Coast Highway just minutes before the crash at 8 a.m., near Pacific Coast Highway and St. Ann's Drive. Two other people were treated for minor injuries.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. officer shoots man fleeing scene of wreck
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police