Ga. deputy recovering from deadly shootout
Deputy Joe Buice was shot in the face by a suicidal man
SPALDING COUNTY, Ga. — A Spalding County deputy remained in critical condition Saturday but he is expected to recover from the gunshot wound he received to his face by a man threatening suicide, according to sheriff’s office Capt. Tony Ranieri.
Deputy Joe Buice had taken cover behind his patrol car when Michael Stringer came out the front door of his house on East McIntosh Road firing an assault rifle. One of the bullets passed through the car’s windshield, the head rest and then the cage before hitting Buice in the face. Two deputies positioned on the side of Stringer's house returned fire.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. deputy recovering from deadly shootout
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy