NY officers shoot man carrying BB gun
The officers thought that the BB gun was a handgun
New York Post
NEW YORK — A 61-year-old man was shot twice early yesterday in Brooklyn by cops who said they thought the BB gun he was carrying was a handgun.
A 911 caller reported an armed man on Linden Street in Bushwick at about 1:30 a.m. Responding officers said the man, James Crockett, ignored repeated orders to drop the weapon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NY officers shoot man carrying BB gun
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms