Philly cops to be fired in '08 fatal shooting
The suspect was shot in the back after fighting with an off-duty officer
PHILADELPHIA — Two off-duty police officers involved in the fatal shooting of a 20-year-old West Oak Lane man in 2008 will be fired, Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey announced yesterday.
Chauncey Ellison, a nine-year department veteran, shot Lawrence Allen in the back after scuffling with him near Allen's home. With Ellison was Officer Robin Fortune, who has spent 13 years on the force.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Philly cops to be fired in '08 fatal shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy