Off-duty Ore. cop kills self, wife, one other
Jeffrey Grahn opened fire at the M & M Restaurant and Lounge
The Associated Press
GRESHAM, Ore. — Authorities in Oregon say an off-duty Clackamas County sheriff's sergeant opened fire at a lounge, killing his wife and another woman before fatally shooting himself.
A third woman was in critical condition late Saturday.
Officers say the shooting Friday night at the M & M Restaurant and Lounge appears to be a domestic dispute. They did not release details.
Police say 46-year-old Jeffrey Grahn died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. He worked for the agency for 15 years.
Authorities say Grahn shot and killed 53-year-old Kathleen Hoffmeister at the scene and also shot his wife, 47-year-old Charlotte Grahn, who died Saturday at a hospital.
Jeffrey Grahn filed for divorce in August. The couple had been married at least 17 years and had four children.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests