Pain remains a year after Oakland police tragedy
The March 21, 2009 shootings was one of the worst tragedies in U.S. law enforcement history
By Chip Johnson
San Francisco Chronicle
OAKLAND, Calif. — I remember March 21, 2009.
It was a sunny Saturday under a clear blue sky scrubbed clean by winter rains. Spring was in full bloom.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pain remains a year after Oakland police tragedy
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house