Fla. cops shot at carjacked vehicle, injuring 2-year-old
Police say 2-year-old is still in critical condition after five officers fired 42 rounds Friday at a carjacked vehicle
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Questions lingered Saturday about why Jacksonville police officers fired 42 rounds at a commandeered car a day earlier, injuring a toddler and his mother.
At a news conference, Sheriff John Rutherford had few solid conclusions about the complex sequence of events that played out Friday afternoon at a suburban commercial strip.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house