Minn. officer shot responding to domestic call
Authorities describe the officer's injuries as serious but non-life threatening
Minneapolis Star Tribune
MINNEAPOLIS — Late Thursday night, a man was shot and killed and a Woodbury police officer was wounded after police responded to a domestic disturbance.
Police said officers were called to a residence about 11:30 p.m. Police said a Woodbury officer was shot and suffered serious, but non-life threatening injuries.
A Woodbury police spokesman said an officer confronted a man brandishing a handgun outside the house in the 7200 block of Braemar Lane. They exchanged shots and police said the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is leading the investigation.
Read full story: Man killed, cop wounded in Woodbury
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house