Alleged cop-killer tossed from court after bashing lawyer
Could be sentenced to death if found guilty of murdering Sgt. in 2008
By Mensah M. Dean
The Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — One of two men accused of murdering a Philadelphia police officer pulled a courtroom sneak attack yesterday, punching his attorney twice in the head.
Eric Deshann Floyd, 35, was hustled from the courtroom by two deputy sheriffs after the ambush on William Bowe, one of two court-appointed attorneys trying to save him from death row.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy