The tragedy of a chief whose son killed a cop
Weeks after being sworn in as Dallas Police Chief, David Brown learned that his son killed an officer, on Father's Day
By Jeff Carlton and Danny Robbins
DALLAS — The city's new police chief faces one of the worst tragedies that could befall a law enforcement officer: living with the knowledge that his dead son was a cop killer.
Just weeks after being sworn in as leader of the Dallas police force, David Brown learned on Father's Day that his 27-year-old son gunned down a suburban officer in a weekend shootout with police.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: The tragedy of a chief whose son killed a cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests