Md. officer fatally shoots suspect
The Associated Press
Prince George's County, Md.- Prince George's County police officer fatally shot a man Wednesday night after a traffic stop, the department said Thursday.
According to police, Douglass refused to raise his hands and reached for an unknown object when confronted by police. He was shot once in the torso, but managed to drive away and then flee on foot before police caught him. Douglass later died at Suburban Hospital.
A loaded handgun was found in the car, police said.
The officer who shot Douglass, a 17-year veteran, is on administrative leave while the incident is investigated.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Suspect Pursuit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy