Calif. cop shoots, kills armed man in hotel room
The man "presented a weapon" as the officer responded to a noise complaint
By Tom Abate
San Francisco Chronicle
SAN FRANCISCO — A San Francisco police officer fatally shot a man in his room at a residential hotel Sunday morning after responding to a noise complaint and going to the room with a building manager, authorities said.
The resident "presented a weapon," the Police Department said in a press release, causing the officer to fear for his or her life and fire.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. cop shoots, kills armed man in hotel room
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help