Gunman shoots 2 cops in Omaha hospital
The suspect was critically injured while the officers suffered minor wounds
OMAHA, Neb. — Omaha police say two officers and a suspect have been wounded in a shooting at Creighton University Medical Center.
Police spokesman Jacob Bettin says the officers suffered minor wounds and that the suspect was critically wounded in the shooting Wednesday.
Bettin says the shooting occurred inside the hospital but would not say where.
He says there are numerous witnesses to be interviewed.
Bettin says the first call came into police a little before 9:20 a.m, and that the hospital remains in partial lockdown to protect the crime scene.
Omaha television station KETV says people can be seen walking in and out of the hospital.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds