Calif. cop out of hospital after two months
Shot and wounded while trying to arrest an alleged gang member
By Henry K. Lee
San Francisco Chronicle
FREMONG, Calif. — A Fremont police officer who was shot and wounded while trying to arrest an alleged gang member is now recovering at home after spending seven weeks at a hospital, a department spokesman said Thursday.
Officer Todd Young, 39, was shot twice in the pelvis by Andrew Barrientos, 20, as the officer was trying to arrest him Aug. 27 in East Oakland, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. cop out of hospital after two months
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court