Chicago police officer killed in double shooting
Evidence tech processing burglary scene and another person were fatally shot
By the CNN Wire Staff
A Chicago police officer processing a burglary scene and another person were fatally shot Friday afternoon, police said.
The officer, an evidence technician, died at 2:30 p.m., one hour after the shootings in the 8100 block of South Burnham Avenue, said Police Superintendent Jody Weis.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago police officer killed in double shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house