Chicago cops accused of being 'jumpy'
Over the weekend, one cop shot and killed a man she said made an "aggressive movement" toward her
By Kim janssen
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — A Chicago cop investigating an alleged drug deal shot dead an unarmed man on the South Side on Saturday night after he made an ''aggressive movement'' toward her, police say.
Relatives of Ontario Billups, 30, want to know why he was killed on the 8100 block of South Ashland at 8:30 p.m. They believe the female officer who shot him may have fired in haste out of fear after a string of recent murders of Chicago cops.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago cops accused of being 'jumpy'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy