City razes Fla. house where cops were killed
The officers' deaths come four days after two Miami-Dade County detectives were killed by a murder suspect
By Tammie Fields and Melanie Michael
Gannett News Service
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — City crews tore down a house late Monday where a shootout hours earlier led to the deaths of two police officers and the man suspected of killing him.
A U.S. marshal also was wounded when police went to the house to investigate the brother of championship boxer Jeff Lacy, who had failed to appear at his trial on domestic violence charges last year. The marshal, who has not been identified and will recover, and two other officers initially went to the house but called for backup after discovering Hydra Lacy, 39, hiding in the attic of the house.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: City razes Fla. house where cops were killed
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform