Video: Ky. cop shoots armed, suicidal man
The officer was forced to shoot after the man pointed his gun at him
By PoliceOne Staff
SHIVELY, Ky. — Body cam footage shows an officer shooting a suicidal man who refused multiple orders to drop his gun.
Officer Chad Kolter responded to a call of a suicidal man on April 27 and found William Bordeau, 59, in an unattached garage with a gun, WAVE reported.
Bordeau can be seen in the video holding the gun to his head. After Kolter ordered Bordeau to drop his weapon a total of nine times, the suspect aimed his gun at the officer. Kolter then shot and wounded Bordeau.
Police said Bordeau was struck in the shoulder and leg. He was transported to a local hospital where was listed in stable condition.
No officers were injured during the incident. Per protocol, Kolter will be reassigned while he’s investigated by the Public Integrity Unit. Bordeau could face criminal charges.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend