Gun stolen from range fired at Ohio officer
A man said he needed to get ammunition from his car, so he left the range and took the guns with him
The Columbus Dispatch
POWELL, Ohio — The theft of two handguns from a Powell shooting range — including a weapon that Columbus police say was fired at an officer — is the crime of the week in the Crime Stoppers program.
A man rented two guns from the Powder Room Indoor Target Range & Gun Shop on Feb. 9 and used them on the range. Saying he needed to get additional ammunition from his vehicle, he left the range, took the guns with him and did not return.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Gun stolen from range fired at Ohio officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms