Officer shoots, kills armed suspect who aimed gun
The man had broken into a house and was trying to evade capture
By Celinda Emison
ABILENE, Texas — An Abilene police officer fatally shot an armed suspect who apparently was trying to break into a house to evade capture, officials with the Abilene Police Department reported Thursday.
Dennis L. Willis, 20, of Abilene, was pronounced dead at Hendrick Medical Center early Thursday morning after the shooting in the 2100 block of Shelton Street.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help