Houston cops shot by suicidal SF Halloween suspect
In the prior incident, a 3-year-old girl was shot three times after a night of trick-or-treating
By Robert Stanton and Zain Shauk
Houston — A man suspected of shooting three people in San Francisco, including a 3-year-old girl, on Halloween killed himself in Houston Saturday after a shootout with police at a Greyhound bus terminal, Houston police said.
The man, identified as Jesse Brown, 20, shot two Houston police officers in three exchanges of gunfire before turning the gun on himself, police said.
Houston police believe that Brown, who was bound for Georgia, may have been on the run since the Halloween shooting.
Read more onSF Gate.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform