Mass. state trooper cleared in fatal shooting
Mass. officer justified in use of force
The Berkshire Eagle
WOBURN, Mass. — Investigators have determined that a Massachusetts state trooper who shot and killed a suspected drug dealer in February was justified in his use of force.
The Middlesex district attorney's office said in a statement Wednesday it determined that Trooper Shawn McIntyre fired at the car to protect himself as it drove toward him.
McIntyre fired two shots, killing the driver, 21-year-old Roger Reyes Padilla.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mass. state trooper cleared in fatal shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house