Pa. cop shoots partner's alleged gun thief
'He definitely had possession of the officer's weapon,' said police spokesman
The Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — A plainclothes police officer shot and critically wounded a man who had wrestled away another officer's gun during a struggle in South Philadelphia early yesterday, police said.
Lt. Ray Evers, a police spokesman, said that about 3 a.m. two plainclothes officers in a car spotted a man later identified as Cosmo Menniti, 29, casing cars in the area of 12th and Wolf streets.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. cop shoots partner's alleged gun thief
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help