Calif. pot farmer shot after firing on deputies
Juan Gutierrez reportedly fled into a grow site and fired at deputies before being shot in the leg by Deputy Jack Storne
By Barbara Arrigoni
BERRY CREEK, Calif. — Authorities are investigating an officer's shooting early Tuesday morning of a man tending an illegal marijuana grow site on Feather Ridge Way in Berry Creek, about 20 miles northeast of Oroville.
At the scene around 7 a.m., sheriff's Lt. Al Smith said a team from the Special Enforcement Unit and Butte Interagency Narcotics Task Force agents went to the foothill location to serve a search warrant on an illegal marijuana grow.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. pot farmer shot after firing on deputies
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help