2 Kan. officers cleared in fatal shooting
Police spokeswoman Kristen Veverka said the police department will conduct its own administrative personnel investigation
By Corey Jones
TOPEKA, Kan. — The Shawnee County District Attorney's Office has cleared two Topeka police officers of wrongdoing in the fatal shooting earlier this month of a 44-year-old Topeka man armed with a knife.
District Attorney Chad Taylor in a news release Thursday said the officers "acted lawfully and within their rights."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 2 Kan. officers cleared in fatal shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house