2 Kan. officers cleared in fatal shooting
Police spokeswoman Kristen Veverka said the police department will conduct its own administrative personnel investigation
By Corey Jones
TOPEKA, Kan. — The Shawnee County District Attorney's Office has cleared two Topeka police officers of wrongdoing in the fatal shooting earlier this month of a 44-year-old Topeka man armed with a knife.
District Attorney Chad Taylor in a news release Thursday said the officers "acted lawfully and within their rights."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 2 Kan. officers cleared in fatal shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court