Police fatally shoot NY lawmakers' harasser
A woman accused of sending bizarre packages to two New York lawmakers was fatally shot
By Leonard Greene
The New York Post
MARIETTA, Ga. — A woman accused of sending bizarre packages to two New York lawmakers was fatally shot by a cop at her Georgia home, officials said yesterday.
Police said Jameela Barnette, 53, attacked an officer who was responding to a call at her apartment. She opened the door wielding a knife and a handgun, and he shot her following a brief struggle, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police fatally shoot NY lawmakers' harasser
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic