Police fatally shoot NY lawmakers' harasser
A woman accused of sending bizarre packages to two New York lawmakers was fatally shot
By Leonard Greene
The New York Post
MARIETTA, Ga. — A woman accused of sending bizarre packages to two New York lawmakers was fatally shot by a cop at her Georgia home, officials said yesterday.
Police said Jameela Barnette, 53, attacked an officer who was responding to a call at her apartment. She opened the door wielding a knife and a handgun, and he shot her following a brief struggle, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police fatally shoot NY lawmakers' harasser
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds