Police fatally shoot NY lawmakers' harasser
A woman accused of sending bizarre packages to two New York lawmakers was fatally shot
By Leonard Greene
The New York Post
MARIETTA, Ga. — A woman accused of sending bizarre packages to two New York lawmakers was fatally shot by a cop at her Georgia home, officials said yesterday.
Police said Jameela Barnette, 53, attacked an officer who was responding to a call at her apartment. She opened the door wielding a knife and a handgun, and he shot her following a brief struggle, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police fatally shoot NY lawmakers' harasser
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests