Ariz. cops kill armed suspect at backyard party
After a 30 minute negotiation, Cody Shobe, 21, fired shots at officers
By PoliceOne Staff
BUCKEYE, Ariz. — Police shot and killed a man who allegedly pointed a gun at officers and fired several shots, sources said.
Cody Shobe, 21, walked into the backyard of a Buckeye home where a seven-person social gathering took place early Monday, according to ABC 15. After pulling out a gun, Shobe introduced himself to the group and began talking, Assistant Buckeye Police Chief Larry Hall said. Witnesses reported he seemed paranoid.
The homeowners called police, and a group of officers arrived. Two went upstairs while four talked with Shobe downstairs for 30 minutes until he opened fire at police, striking the house, police said. Officers fired back and struck Shobe, who died at the scene.
No other injuries were reported. Deputies from the Maricopa County Sheriff's department and the Arizona Department of Public Safety are investigating.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman