Cops find, save abducted girl, fatally shoot suspect
The shooting happened moments after officers spotted an armed suspect at a window holding a girl hostage
By Will Kane and Henry K. Lee
The San Francisco Chronicle
SAN JOSE, Calif. — A 42-year-old kidnapping suspect was shot and killed by a San Jose police SWAT team Friday during a raid in which officers rescued the 11-year-old girl he abducted, authorities said.
The alleged kidnapper, Tri Le of San Jose, was shot dead at his apartment on the 3400 block of Pistachio Drive in San Jose about 12:15 p.m., police Sgt. Jason Dwyer said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests