1 dead, 2 hurt in Ariz. officer-involved shooting
A Mesa police officer was injured during the exchange
By PoliceOne Staff
MESA, Ariz. — One man was killed and an officer injured after two drug suspects "came out firing" during a staged drug deal in Mesa, police said.
Mesa Police officers met five suspects in a parking lot Tuesday to try to bust one wanted on a felony parole violation, the Tucson Citizen reported. Officers returned fire after two suspects began shooting. An officer was hurt during the exchange and was reportedly treated at the hospital for a gunshot wound to the lower leg.
The wanted parolee was not injured, sources said. One other suspect was injured and hospitalized, but his condition was not immediately available.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform