Police shoot, kill Md. man
The Associated Press
BELLEVUE, Md.- A Bellevue man was fatally shot Monday morning by an officer with the Maryland Natural Resources Police, according to a published report.
Sherwood was shot about 11:30 a.m. at a boat dock on Tar Creek in Bellevue in Talbot County by an unidentified NRP officer, Turner told the Star Democrat.
The shooting is under investigation, although preliminary findings indicate the officer acted in self defense, Turner said.
The officer was placed on administrative leave, a routine procedure.
Turner did not immediately return several phone calls for comment.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court