CHP officer, suspect suffer minor injuries in exchange of gunfire
The Associated Press
A spokesman for the California Highway Patrol says one of their officers was injured and a suspect wounded in an exchange of gunfire early this morning.
The spokesman says both the officer and suspect suffered minor injuries. The C-H-P says the officer's injuries are not the result of gunfire, but is not saying how he suffered the injuries.
The incident began when the officer tried to pull a driver over on Interstate 880.
The C-H-P says the driver led the officer on a chase onto surface streets in Oakland.
The chase ended in an exchange of gunfire on Eighth and Adeline streets.
Police have not released the name of the officer involved, or of the suspect.
Just yesterday, Oakland police shot and killed a 17-year-old boy when they say he opened fire on officers who wanted to question him about a series of shootings in the city.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman