Colo. officer shoots, kills suspect at motel
AURORA, Colo.- Aurora police shot and killed a man allegedly wielding a knife in a parking lot early Sunday morning.
Police spokesman Marcus Dudley said officers were called to the Boll-E-Ana Motel parking lot at 3 a.m. on a report of a man carrying a knife.
Dudley said officers told the man to drop the knife. Instead he allegedly began advancing on them and he was shot.
Officers were trying to learn his identity as an investigation began.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court