Colo. officer shoots, kills suspect at motel
AURORA, Colo.- Aurora police shot and killed a man allegedly wielding a knife in a parking lot early Sunday morning.
Police spokesman Marcus Dudley said officers were called to the Boll-E-Ana Motel parking lot at 3 a.m. on a report of a man carrying a knife.
Dudley said officers told the man to drop the knife. Instead he allegedly began advancing on them and he was shot.
Officers were trying to learn his identity as an investigation began.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house