Mo. officers shoot, kill man in trailer doorway
Timothy E. Simpson, 34, was carrying a weapon when officers arrived
Columbia Daily Tribune
FULTON, Mo. — Law enforcement officers shot and killed a man in the doorway of a trailer Monday morning after the man allegedly pointed a weapon in their direction.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol and the Callaway County Sheriff's Department responded to a disturbance at the Green Meadows Trailer Park near Fulton at 6 a.m., said Callaway County Sheriff Dennis Crane. An initial report indicated a subject was inside a trailer park firing a weapon into the air.?
Timothy E. Simpson, 34, of Williamsburg was carrying a weapon when officers arrived, Crane said. Simpson first pointed his weapon at himself and then allegedly pointed it in the direction of officers while ignoring their commands.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mo. officers shoot, kill man in trailer doorway
- Use of Force
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman