Md. cop shoots, kills assault suspect
Neighbors told police the man assaulted a woman who was bleeding and crying for help
By Erin Cox
GAMBRILLS, Md. — A county police officer shot and killed a Gambrills man Friday night in what police said was a struggle behind a suburban home.
Neighbors told police the man assaulted a woman who was bleeding and crying for help outside a split-foyer house the pair shared in a Gambrills cul-de-sac.
Police said the man attempted to drag her back inside the house and when an officer responded to neighbors' 911 calls, the man and the officer struggled in the wooded, unfenced backyard.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. cop shoots, kills assault suspect
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house