Pa. officer fatally shoots naked man
The officer first used an ECD to no effect
By Darran Simon
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia police officer fatally shot a naked man who attacked him Sunday in the city's Olney section, a department spokesman said.
Fearing for his life, the officer fired four times, striking the man three times in the chest and an arm, Lt. Raymond Evers said.
The two had struggled over the officer's gun, and the victim remained aggressive after being Tasered, Evers said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. officer fatally shoots naked man
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman