Ga. officer shoots burglary suspect
After Ronald Lee Boltz was treated for non-life-threatening wounds, the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office picked him up for allegedly trying to rob an antique store
By Joy Lukachick
Chattanooga Times Free Press
FORT OGLETHORPE, Ga. — A man shot by a Fort Oglethorpe police officer while allegedly trying to rob an antique store has been released from the hospital.
Ronald Lee Boltz, 56, was spotted around 11 p.m. Tuesday inside the Gateway Antique Mall off Cloud Springs Road and officers surrounded the strip mall, Fort Oglethorpe Police Chief David Eubanks said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. officer shoots burglary suspect
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds