Tenn. sheriff: Man killed when he pointed gun
Deputies arrived a home Saturday and were met with an angry man holding a shotgun
By Matt Lakin
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — When deputies arrived at a West Knox County home Saturday, an angry man with a shotgun met them at the door, authorities say.
Peter George Biljak, 61, died Saturday night after he greeted two officers by waving a 12-gauge pump shotgun at the doorway of his home, 8512 Nubbin Ridge Road, Knox County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman M artha Dooley said Monday.
Deputies Michael Bartleson and Orlando Dixson had gone to the house just before 6 p.m. on a disturbance call. A woman, Mary Beth Norris, had called E-911 to report Biljak sent her a text message threatening to burn her belongings, Dooley said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tenn. sheriff: Man killed when he pointed gun
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Lawmaker says anti-cop Capitol painting is coming down
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Federal prosecutors won't charge SC deputy in viral video incident
- Can Baltimore's police reform deal survive Trump's DOJ?
- Fla. airport shooting highlights nexus between mentally ill, cops