Officer kills man struggling for TASER in Phila.
Police say the suspect grabbed the officer's baton from his belt and tried to grab his TASER
By Robert Moran
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia officer fatally shot a man Thursday evening during what police said was a violent struggle in a West Philadelphia alleyway.
At 6:26 p.m., an 18th District patrol car pulled over a tan Ford at 56th Street and Walton Avenue for a traffic stop, said Lt. Ray Evers, a police spokesman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Officer kills man struggling for TASER in Phila.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman