Officer kills man struggling for TASER in Phila.
Police say the suspect grabbed the officer's baton from his belt and tried to grab his TASER
By Robert Moran
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia officer fatally shot a man Thursday evening during what police said was a violent struggle in a West Philadelphia alleyway.
At 6:26 p.m., an 18th District patrol car pulled over a tan Ford at 56th Street and Walton Avenue for a traffic stop, said Lt. Ray Evers, a police spokesman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Officer kills man struggling for TASER in Phila.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court