NYPD cop fatally shoots suspect during prostitution sting
When the man pointed his gun at the cops, the sergeant fired once
Larry Celona and Antonio Antenucci
The New York Post
NEW YORK — An NYPD sergeant fatally shot an armed suspect in Brooklyn last night after the cop and another officer, as part of an anti-prostitution initiative, approached a car carrying four men, police sources said.
The cops, from the 76th Precinct, approached the vehicle near the Gowanus Expressway in Carroll Gardens at about 10 p.m.
One man exited the car and fled, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms