Pa. officer dragged by car, shoots driver
The suspect put the car in gear after being approached by two officers, prompting one cop to fire
By PoliceOne Staff
PITTSBURGH — An officer shot a motorist who dragged him more than 100 yards after fleeing a traffic stop.
Chief Paul Donaldson told the Associated Press the suspect put the car in gear after being approached by two officers. One officer tried reaching into the vehicle, and the suspect drove off, prompting the officer to fire in self-defense, according to SF Gate.
The vehicle stopped when it crashed into a home.
The officer was treated for hand and arm injuries.
The suspect underwent surgery for gunshot wounds.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house