Ga. officer fatally shot by suspect
Officer Sean Callahan was shot responding to a domestic dispute call
By PoliceOne Staff
CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. — An officer has died a day after suffering a gunshot wound he sustained during foot pursuit.
Officer Sean Callahan, 24, had responded to a domestic disturbance call Monday at a motel with another officer when the suspect fled on foot, causing the pursuit, according to ODMP.
The suspect opened fire, striking Callahan twice in the head. The other officer returned fire, killing the suspect.
Callahan had served with the Clayton County Police Department for four months.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman