Off-duty Ore. cop shoots, wounds fellow officer
Officers were responding to calls about a domestic dispute when shots were fired
By Brent Weisberg
KOIN Local 6
FOREST GROVE, Ore. — A police officer is in jail, charged with attempted aggravated murder, officials said.
Senior law enforcement sources confirm Officer Timothy Cannon, who works for the Hillsboro Police Department, is accused of shooting and wounding a Washington County Sheriff's deputy who responded to a domestic violence call at the officer's home.
Officers attempted to talk with Cannon, sources said, but — at some point — shots were fired when several deputies entered the home.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash