Video: NM police forced to shoot attacking dog
Officers were called to help when two dogs attacked a third, then charged at an officer
By Chris Ramirez
KOB News 4
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The Albuquerque Police Department released lapel camera video to KOB Eyewitness News 4 showing an officer shooting a dog that was about to attack.
The incident happened Friday when APD officers responded to a call about three dogs that had attacked a Shar Pei mix. The situation had spiraled out of control forcing the owner of the Shar Pei to hit one of the other dogs in the head with a machete.
When APD officers arrived, the dogs were loose. The lapel camera video shows two dogs charging at the officers until one officer fires his gun, hitting the dog. Some criticized the officer’s decision to shoot the dog, but an APD spokeswoman said the officer had no choice.
Full Story: Police lapel cam shows dog attack
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house