Teen killed after aiming gun at NY police
Police approached a group of teens when one turned away and pulled out a .38 caliber gun and aimed it at them
BROOKYLN — Two New York City officers in plain clothes shot and killed a teenager in Brooklyn after the boy pointed a handgun at them, police said.
The officers were patrolling in a car at 11:30 p.m. Saturday when they saw Kimani Gray, 16, separate himself from a group of people and adjust his waistband, The New York Times said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Teen killed after aiming gun at NY police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms