Calif. cop, suspect injured in struggle over TASER
Police believe the suspect got a hold of the TASER and the officer fired her gun, striking the suspect
By Monica Garske
NBC San Diego
SAN DIEDO — A 911 call made near Vista ended with an injured San Diego County Sheriff's deputy and a man hospitalized with a gunshot wound.
Sheriff's department officials say the deputy got into some type of struggle. Her taser was deployed. Officials say the suspect deployed the taser but didn't hit the deputy.
The deputy then fired one shot striking the suspect officials said. The man was transported to Palomar Hospital where he is said to be in stable condition and under guard. Officials said the deputy was also injured, treated at the hospital and released. They have not confirmed what type of injuries the deputy sustained.
Full Story: Deputy, Suspect Injured in Shooting Near Vista
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court