4 shot at NC law firm, Wal-Mart; suspect caught
The suspect was shot by officers at the entrance of the store; the conditions of the suspect and victims hasn't been released
GREENVILLE, N.C. — A man armed with a shotgun wounded one person at a North Carolina law firm Friday before crossing a busy street and entering a Wal-Mart, where he shot three more people before officers subdued him, police said.
Greenville Police Chief Hassan Aden said the suspect was shot by officers at the entrance of the store. He didn't have the conditions of those shot and didn't have a motive. Aden was scheduled to provide additional information at a news conference.
The gunman shot the first person at the Kellum Law Firm on the city's south side and across the street from the Wal-Mart. They said the suspect then crossed five lanes of traffic and entered the store, where he started shooting some more.
Officers located the suspect outside the store and shot him, police said.
Greenville is about 85 miles east of Raleigh.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert